Thank you to everyone who attended this years conference at Northern Quest Resort September 23-25, 2014. We had a great turn out with nearly 200 conference attendee’s and vendors. All of the presentations are posted on the website at the link in the post below as well as the Conference Tab.
Congratulations and thank you in advance for serving our association to our new and returning board members. Your 2015 Board is:
- Sean Davis, Franklin County ~ President
- JoAnn Boggs, Pend Oreille County ~ Past-President
- Jody Woodcock, King County ~ President-Elect
- Butch Aiken, Asotin County ~ Treasurer
- Rick Anderson, Stevens County ~ East-Side Representative
- Jamye Wisecup, Clallam County ~ West-Side Representative
- Lee Shipman, Shoalwater Bay ~Tribal Nation Liaison
- Matthew Lieuallen, Ecology and Environment, Inc. ~ Public Sector Representative
- Scott Heinze, Pierce County ~ Public Sector Representative
- Ute Weber, City of Tacoma ~ Secretary to the Board
Thank you to the following outgoing board members for your service that last two years:
- Darrell Ruby, Greater Spokane Emergency Management/WA State HLS Region 9 ~ Public Sector/At-Large Representative
- John Rupp, P|N|D Engineers, Inc.~ Private Sector Representative
Our board (new and old) will meet in the coming months and conduct a transition and begin to plan for next years priorities and joint conference with Oregon that is scheduled September 22-24, 2015 in Vancouver, WA. We welcome your feedback and appreciate your membership. Let’s make it great, together!
Good Morning WSEMA Members & Conference Participants:
Our annual conference is just around the corner, and so is our opportunity to support the Joel E. Aggergaard Memorial Scholarship. Your donations of gift baskets, and handmade artwork, jewelry and cultural items, will make a huge impact in the life of a student pursuing an emergency management degree.
If you know what you will be donating, can you please drop a line to our organizing committee which are listed below. Also, if your donation needs to be transported to Spokane, please let us know: items can be dropped off in the Portland/Vancouver area, Olympia, Camp Murray and Tacoma, or we can arrange a pickup at your location if need be.
We appreciate your support! Please help us make 2014 the biggest year yet for the Aggergaard Memorial Scholarship.
Please consider contacting any of the three below to make a donation:
Jesi Chapin Matthew Lieuallen Jennifer Schaal
Hope you are all having a great week and look forward to seeing you at our 2014 WSEMA Conference.
JoAnn Boggs, WSEMA President
We are pleased to offer some limited scholarship opportunities to attend this year’s conference at Northern Quest Resort and would like to thank our strong partner, Washington State Emergency Management Division for again supporting this effort. Thank you WA State EMD! To be considered for a WSEMA Scholarship to attend the Fall Conference on September 23-25, 2014, in Spokane for assistance with registration and lodging expenses, please go to the following web form and complete the application before Aug 27, 2014. Applications will be reviewed by the WSEMA Conference Committee and applicants will be notified in early September.
We hope this opportunity will assist several members ability to attend this years conference.